At Image Auto Body Inc. we are dedicated to committing the best equipment and materials to protect our staff and work environment. We’re constantly researching new ways to change the automotive industry as well as the way we work in our environment.
Protecting Our Employees
- All spray applications (including primer, basecoat and, clearcoat applications) are performed in a spray booth or ventilated and enclosed prep station which minimizes painter and other worker exposures to solvents and other harmful components of paints and coatings during spray applications at all times.
- All of our painters and paint preppers where the proper OSHA certified respirators and fresh air respirators at all times during the refinishing process.
- Painters and paint preppers also wear a full body paint suit to avoid skin absorption of toxins as well as impermeable gloves to prevent solvents and other skin irritants from coming in contact with the skin.
- Painters & technicians consistently wear safety goggles or glasses at all times to prevent eye injury that can be caused from debris, equipment and other eye irritants.
- Staff are trained to focus on health and safety procedures on a daily basis to ensure an accident-free work environment at Image Auto Body.
- Painters and paint preppers use mechanical gun cleaners to reduce painters and technicians exposure to harmful cleaning solvents by allowing them to perform part of the cleaning process remotely. We also typically reuse solvents in the cleaning process which reduces solvent waste produced at our facility.
Protecting Our Environment
- Our spray booths have commercially insulated walls to keep heat in and use afterburners to quickly ramp up the heat. They also have programmed timers that shut off automatically, reducing the use of heat and electricity.
- To reduce energy usage, we use fast-dry paint products and infra-red/UV-B lights to cure paint and shorten the duration of the spray booths bake cycles.
- Our mechanical technicians are ASE Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certified to comply with industry standards and regulatory requirements for refrigerant recovery and recycling.
- Excess paint and thinner is always recycled. Residue is washed off with a water-based gun cleaner to eliminate fumes and eliminate solvent-based thinner use.
- We recycle all cardboard, sheet metal & plastic bumper body parts after use.
- Spraying occurs in a downdraft spray booth with sophisticated HVLP (high volume, low pressure guns). Use of HVLP spray guns can significantly reduce overspray which will reduce harmful emissions and costly waist of paint materials.
- All spray applications (including primer, basecoat and, clearcoat applications) are performed in a spray booth or ventilated and enclosed prep station. This minimizes painter and other worker exposures to solvents and other harmful components of paints and coatings during spray applications.
Water Based Paint